Honestly, when I started this blog I had no idea that having a blog was so complicated. Followers and comments and buttons and sponsors and just a million fancy things that freak me out a little. Apparently numbers are a big deal around here. Who knew?
To be honest, I really haven't been into all of that so much. Because really, when it comes down to it I just want to share what I love. And if people love what I love, then of course I am beyond flattered, and would love for them to follow along in this whirlwind of a blog world. And me? I follow the blogs of people that I find inspiring. and that's about it. I just feel insincere if I follow someone who I have no intention of reading anything they write. So that's that.
However, one kinda awesome thing about this craziness of the blog pizazz is the award I just got today. The award is called The Versatile Blogger Award that Allie from "A Girl Named Allie" awarded me. Allie is a doll, and I think that if we hung out in real life we would basically laugh at all the same things, agree on the same things, and enjoy the same things. Which equals instant bffs if you didn't know.
So as part of this award I am supposed to share seven random facts about me. So here it goes:
1. My dad is from Vietnam. So if you are really really good at math, you would have come to the conclusion that I am half Vietnamese. (You genius, you.) That's where my middle name "La" came from, which is my Vietnamese grandma's name.
2. A life goal of mine is to write a book. But I have no idea what about. I'm thinking something along the lines of a vampire that falls in love with a human and then somehow involve a wolf. Sounds crazy, right? You just wait, it will be a hit.
3. I am a psychology major with plans to pursue 239 other career paths as well. indecisive.
4. My closet consists of 98% neutrals, and it's a problem. I am definitely a stay-in-my-comfort-zone type of person. I'm working on it.
5. I feel extremely awkward looking at maternity pictures sometimes. Grow up, Tosh.
6. Over the past couple of years, I have really learned a lot about health and nutrition, and I just have grown to love it. I'm not one of those health freaks that you want to slap I don't think. Still pretty normal I would say ;) My mother in law and I have started making green smoothies and they are fabulous. We have just been making them up like the geniuses that we are, so I will try to post some recipes eventually.
7. I have this nerdy/creepy desire to become friends with wild animals. In fact, my husband and I had a full hour conversation about it once. I think I creeped him out. Do you remember that story this past summer of the zoo animals that escaped? I was distraught that I didn't live in that city so that I could see the animals roaming around my front yard. Maybe go and pet them, I don't know. Offer them room and board perhaps. however I have ridden an elephant and held a bear cub. Best. Days. Ever.
So there are some random facts.
Also as part of the award, I'm supposed to award 15 other bloggers who I love and appreciate and leave them a comment letting them know that I nominated them. This is going to be the hard part because I have been MIA for a while and have some serious catching up to do. So I am going to break the rules a little bit and just list some blogs that I love...
My all time favorite fashion blog ever. Plus Sydney is a gem. I love her sense of humor.
Mandi could make something beautiful out of a pile of dirt. Her blog has TONS of DIY home decorating ideas, pretty much all of them starting with something from the thrift store. She made a lamp out of teapots and redid a dresses with tinfoil. They were amazing, no joke.
Another fashion blog, but with a really high end twist. Julia has great style, and apparently a great budget because pretty much all of her clothes are designer or just plain expensive. which equals amazing.
Lauren is just a positive person with an adorably positive blog. Plus you have to see the pictures she took to announce she was pregnant. To.Die.For
The most amazing craft blog with the cutest ideas in the WORLD for little girls. You will pass out with excitement.
Fashion blog again :) She started her blog after moving to a small town in Texas... this sounds familiar. Who knows? Maybe after our big move, I will become a blogging animal.
Just a cute girl that I think I would be friends with in real life. I recently started following her and she just has a cute upbeat personality that I fancy. That's all.
So there it is guys. My blogger award. Winning.