Pages

January 5, 2013

Mostly Just Words.

Last Sunday was my 23rd birthday. Clint was able to get work off and we spent a fun and relaxing weekend in Houston where we visited Galveston Island and Kemah. His work schedule has been wearing on us a bit lately so this little get away was just what we needed, and a perfect way to end the year. While we were there, we were also able to go to the Houston Temple which was absolutely beautiful. It has been fun to travel and live in so many places because in addition to temples in Utah, we have been to the Dallas, San Antonio, Washington D.C., Hawaii, & Lubbock Temples together. 


I know I have slowed down quite a bit on blogging. I think the holidays put me in a little bit of a funk, and I'm just now getting out of it.  I also started a new job that keeps me busy- especially with a one hour commute there and back, but I absolutely love the job and the people I work with.

I've come to realize that I, or anyone for that matter, will never be completely done figuring life out. I think when I was younger I thought that once I graduated high school and college, and then got married, I was pretty much set and wouldn't really have to make any major decisions any more. but that's definitely not the case.

I find myself getting impatient, trying to figure out where I should be in my life. Thoughts of graduate school and careers and a family constantly fill my mind. I always feel like I should be and can be doing more. Most of the time that's a good thing, but other times I lose patience with myself and with timing. I like to know all the answers right now. Sometimes I just want someone to tell me exactly what my life's path is so that I can go in that direction without making any mistakes or having any setbacks, or choosing a path that ends up leading to nowhere. But that's not how life works.

Clint is the complete opposite in that way, and he keeps me calm. He is constantly reminding me to relax and be patient. Answers will come, opportunities will present themselves if and when they're meant to be, and Heavenly Father will allow doors to open and others to close when the timing is right. How grateful I am to know that although I don't know the exact plan and path of my life, there is someone else who does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment