Pages

November 11, 2012

This Post was Inevitable.

And it's also really dramatic and exaggerated, but sometimes that's totally necessary.

Here are two tragedies for ya.
Tragedy #1. I get the new Taylor Swift CD. Keep in mind I had waited almost a week to get it because I wanted to wait until we could drive to San Antonio and go to Target so I could get the one with the bonus tracks. So here's how it played out: Get to Target. Zone in on electronics section of store. Bam. There it is. Swiftly make purchase (lame pun intended). Get to car and open CD. In all my excitement, I didn't even realize it's not the bonus CD.  Which I could have purchased at Wal Mart this entire time. But too late because I already opened it. dummy. 

Tragedy #2. That's ok, I'm still going to allow myself to enjoy the sweet music to my ears on the car ride home. Luckily Clint is driving so I can read all the lyrics and ponder on who these lyrics could possibly be about. Possibly my favorite game ever (ps go here if you're into this too. actually just go to it regardless). That's when the second tragedy really struck because as I am trying to analyze the lyrics and get way too into it, naturally I have to share my excitement and my love for each clever line with my husband. At first he tries to act interested, but then by the time the 1.25 hour drive ended, he was over it and was listening to some sports shenanigans with his headphones in. I felt as if I had just discovered the lost island of Atlantis, and even found out that Tupac was alive and well- living on that very island, but I had no one to tell about it. And that right there is no exaggeration

Anyway.

Favorite song: "All Too Well." Basically I feel like I'm vicariously living her and Jake Gyllenhaal's relationship through this song. She always has one song on every CD that's an even greater lyrical genius than all the rest, and this is that song. it's a big deal. (I think "Dear John" and "Last Kiss" are the lyrical genius songs of her last CD, if you're wondering).

"Maybe we got lost in translation, Maybe I asked for too much. Maybe this thing was a masterpiece 'til you tore it all up. Running scared I was there, I remember it all too well. You called me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest. I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here, cause I remember it all too well. Time won't fly it's like I'm paralyzed by it, I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it. After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own, you mail back my things and I walk home alone. But you keep my old scarf from that very first week, cause it reminds you of innocence and it smells like me. You can't get rid of it, cause you remember it all too well."

ok whoa Tay, stop right there before you make me cry or something.
oh and ps.
Bam. 

Also, how could I not love rocking out to the song "22"? After all, I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22. Literally though. And I only have one and a half more months of officially being 22 and being able to sing this song without feeling like an imposter.

Other favorite girl anthem rock out songs: "Holy Ground" (obsessed) and "State of Grace."

Here are some awesome pieces of completely useless info about the song "We Are Never Getting Back Together." In the music video she is wearing a bracelet almost identical to the $100k bracelet Jake bought her, so let's put two and two together here. Plus he was supposedly in a movie where there is a giant rabbit, thus the reasoning for the creepy giant rabbit in her video. She's so good at being subtle. (if you're as lame as I am, click here for even more good hints as to who the song is about. You'll die.)

I'm going to stop right there because I'm not getting paid for this and I should be. And I promise I won't mention the heartbreak queen herself for at least 5 posts. or maybe 3.


Should I get this pictures framed and put it on our family picture wall or...

♥ N.

1 comment:

  1. I am OBSESSED with her new album. And luckily my boyfriend has a crush on her, so I get usually convince him to listen too. I've had 22 and I knew you were trouble (which I'm SURE is written about Jake) on repeat over and over.

    New follower! I'm starting to think we're twins. I'm a psych major, but about to change to Comms/Journalism.

    ReplyDelete