Pages

November 7, 2011

Shine

Some of my favorite memories were getting all dressed up to go to high school dances. I loved the feeling of being a princess for a day and I was blessed to be able to always have a great dress to wear for every single dance. Unfortunately, this isn't the case for a lot of girls.

I have always thought it would be neat to start a foundation where I could loan dresses to girls who need them, but I didn't think the demand would be that great. After my experience working at a high school with lower income students, I came to realize that there are actually a lot of girls who don't get this memorable opportunity. Now that I know this, I am excited to introduce a project that my sister-in-law and I have started called Shine.

We are currently taking donations of any formal dresses, jewelry or shoes that we could loan to girls who are in need of prom attire.

If you or anyone you know would be willing to donate previously worn dresses, shoes or jewelry, your help would be greatly appreciated. You can leave a comment here, visit our blog (it's pretty scarce right now, so forgive us), or you can e-mail us at shineutah@gmail.com. Also if things go as planned, we would like to expand and get a lot more people involved. If this is something you would be interested in, we would love your help.

Please spread the word :)

xoxo, Natasha

ps my sister in law made this. genius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment