Pages

November 29, 2011

Amber

My best friend Amber got married this past month and my friend Taylor and I threw a bridal shower for her in October. The theme was "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and it turned out so cute. I just had to post some pictures from it :)

I found those Audrey Hepburn pictures at Wal Mart for 7 or 8 dollars. And of course we had to include some Tiffany bags and boxes in all of it. 


 Blue cupcake and treats. The cupcakes had little diamond rings on top of them. 

 I had the hardest time thinking of prize ideas for the games we played. Finally I came across these Tiffany blue mugs and tied ribbons around them to look like Tiffany boxes. Another prize I did was magazines like Glamour and InStyle, which turned out to be super fun prizes that were actually useful.

 The only boy at the Bridal Shower. and of course he's at the food table. Chase has been our friend since 7th grade so we had to include him. I wanted to do breakfast food since the theme was Breakfast at Tiffany's, so we did crepes with fruit. 
 My little bride-to-be
 
 Some of the party people
 This is Taylor, who helped me throw the shower. Taylor, Amber and I have been friends since 5th grade. no big deal.
 The awkwardness of bridal shower gifts. can't beat it. 
 Some friends from high school
 and these are some of my best friends in the world :)
 and the reason I know that is because after everyone left, we ended the shower with an off the wall dance party. The kind you can only have with your best friends.
ya this is real life.
 

And here is my beautiful best friend...
Oh she looks half Vietnamese, like me, does she? Well that's because she IS. Which is how we became friends in the first place. True Story. She was the new girl at Jordan Hills Elementary and I saw her last name on her purple lunchbox back in 5th grade. I said "What nationality is your last name?" (sounds smart for a 5th grader, doesn't it?) and she said "It's Vietnamese. My dad is Vietnamese and my mom is white." 
Exactly.like.me.
and I thought to myself, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. So we skipped away holding hands and we've been best friends ever since. 
(When she told me a couple years later that she had a little bit of Chinese in her too, I felt betrayed. But that's another story)

Congrats Woo. I love you and you looked absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day. also, I forgive you for being party Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment